Job Title: Sales Manager
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Salary: £28,000- £31,000 plus a competitive bonus (OTE circa £40k)
Span of Control: Team of up to 10
Hours: 45 per week
Location: Branksome, Poole
Protect Line are a fast-moving Life insurance brokerage with a difference. Winning ‘Protection Firm of the Year’ twice in the last 5 years shows we’re extremely passionate about building a sustainable yet innovative and dynamic business model. We are trusted by some of the UK’s leading providers to tailor protection policies to suit consumer needs on a non-advised basis.
Our people are our most valuable asset and that starts with you. We believe in investing in everyone we employ through an encouraging, candid and unique relationship between you and us.
You will be joining us at an extremely exciting time and will play an integral part in helping the business grow and achieve its vision.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Call Centre Sales Manager to join a National Life Insurance Broker.
You will report directly to the Operations Manager and work closely together to drive the sales aspect of the Operations Division further; setting new revenue records and continuing the existing trend of growth and performance of the team, whilst keeping a customer centric approach to sales.
We are looking for a strong dynamic leader who is hungry to further their existing skills and career. The leader will already understand how to recruit nothing but the best possible people; motivate and retain them whilst having the knowledge and ability to further develop the sales skill set within the existing and future team members.
- Setting and achieving performance targets for sales, efficiency and quality in line with the company’s overall plan
- Demonstrating the company sales process in front of their colleague to highlight what a “good call” looks like
- Creating a sense of urgency within the sales team by building an energetic and engaging sales floor and culture
- Understand and buy into the overall aims and objectives of the company and provide clear communications to your team
- Reporting business critical sales data to the management team on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Ability to interpret data, spot trends and put in place action plans to remedy short falls
- Developing sales team members in line with their personal development plans and performance reviews – utilising call recording sessions, internal training and one to one sessions
- Utilising company led incentive programmes to maintain high motivation and target achievement within the sales team
- Ensuring full adherence to regulatory requirements by observing, monitoring and demonstrating calls on a regular planned basis
- Learning, retaining and coaching sales staff on detailed product knowledge
- Presenting new products and processes to staff ensuring all sales staff are fully trained at all times
- Succession planning, recruitment, development and staff retention of the team to ensure that both manpower and productivity targets are met
- Planning of holidays and managing periods of absence and sickness to ensure the business is not affected
Skills and Experience:
- Ideally you will have a minimum of 2 years within a B2C financial regulated financial services based outbound call centre role
- Minimum of 2 years management experience, leading a team
- Able to demonstrate a detailed understanding of performance management and sales management techniques
- A proven track record in delivering against set objectives in sales, sales quality and regulatory requirements
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of customer service awareness, Inc. TCF and FCA guidelines.
- Minimum of intermediate skills in the Microsoft packages
Helping People should be a core value for you. We are passionate about Protecting Peoples Families and if you strive to ensure that you are just as passionate; you will have a successful career with us.
What We Offer:
This unique position not only provides a competitive salary, you can expect:
- Protect Line A List Business Card providing you with hundreds of discounts at local restaurants, bars, clubs, salons plus much, much more.
- Innovative incentives
- No weekend working
- Christmas and birthdays off plus an annual holiday allowance
- Plenty of local offsite parking
- We are as passionate about protecting our staff and their families as we are our customers so every employee gets free life cover
- Childcare Vouchers
- Company Pension Scheme