Compliance and Risk Manager
Job Title: Compliance and Risk Manager
Reports to: Governance, Compliance and Risk Lead
Basic Salary: Up to £65,000 dependant on experience
Hours: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
Protect Line are a fast-moving life insurance brokerage with a difference. Winning “Protection Firm of the Year” twice in the last 5 years means we are extremely passionate about remaining sustainable yet innovative and dynamic. Trusted by some of the UK’s leading providers we tailor protection policies to suit consumer needs on a non-advised basis.
We pride ourselves on delivering customer excellence through every interaction, creating a culture where employees and customers alike feel heard and valued. We are a business with entrepreneurial spirit where creativity and commerciality go hand in hand. Balanced with a clear mission where regulation supports the commercial direction of the business, whilst protecting customers and employees and meeting and exceeding our regulatory responsibilities.
We are passionate about investing in our employees through award winning training, to ensure that every employee is competent in their role and receives on going development.
This role of Compliance and Risk Manager, will oversee our Complaints team, QA Functions, Compliance and Regulation functions. The role will be a mid-senior leader level, reporting into the Governance, Compliance & Risk Lead.
This role is new to Protect Line and has been created as a result of the creation of our newly defined Governance, Compliance and Risk function. The role will have leadership and management responsibilities plus full oversight, escalation and reporting ownership of all aspects of the core areas of Customer Complaints, Internal Quality monitoring, Internal Compliance and Regulation Monitoring.
We are looking for someone who has a solid technical understanding of compliance and risk and has the leadership capability to translate that into the operation, whilst understanding the wider needs of the business and working closely with key stakeholders. Creating a strong, collaborative and consultative culture to ensure that we are delivering customer excellence and the best possible customer outcomes.
You will have a strong work ethic, the ability to be pragmatic and work on your own initiative, together with a strong desire to support the business. You will ensure that areas identified for improvement are reviewed with appropriate advice and guidance on potential resolution offered.
- Day to day leadership of the Customer Experience, Quality Assurance Teams and Compliance Teams
- Lead, develop and upskill a broad range of colleagues through regular coaching, performance management and by influence
- Creation and ownership of all policies and processes in relation to Internal Compliance Monitoring
- Ensure appropriate sign off and adhearance to Sanctions & PEP checks through the compliance team
- Keep up to date on all regulatory changes and horizon scanning
- Provision of all core MI for review within the Operational Risk committee, relevant to QA outputs, complaints, RCA, regulatory ‘on the radar’ insight
- Write oversee and manage the delivery of Quality Assurance and complaints handling frameworks, policies and processes
- Enable customer complaints to be resolved efficiently and effectively, in line with company set SLAs and meeting regulatory standards
- Manage and report on trends identified and root cause analysis to ensure that prompt action can be taken within the business, followed up and ensure that “loops are closed”
- Be hands on and work closely with our Customer Experience Team to resolve complex complaints and customer cases, liaising with our PI insurer as required
- Generate and review management information, analysing and reporting on trends and supporting the QA, VCs and VOC initiatives within the business
- Deliver against the respective competency frameworks for each team at an “above average” output level ensuring that colleagues across team maintain all: Testing, CPD and role competency requirements
- Support the development and delivery of compliance KPIs, associated analytics and reporting requirements ensuring that the business receives clear and concise operational feedback in a timely manner
- Oversee GDPR complaint handling and DSARs
- Business-wide stakeholder engagement and management
- Provide support to the Governance Compliance and Risk Lead as required; including participating in and deputising within senior management meetings as required
- Proven leadership abilities – able to recognise, coach and support development areas on an individual needs basis
- Lead by example – able to create vision, motivate and inspire others to achieve
- Strong experience of working within an insurance based compliance, quality and complaints environment
- A good working knowledge of FCA and FOS guidelines is essential, in particular: ICOBs, DISP, CIDRA 2012, and DPA 2018
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to manage workload to ensure targets and regulatory timescales are met
- Able to show initiative and make appropriate business led decisions
- Professional attitude - articulate, organised and customer focused
- Positive and progressive approach to work
Whilst we would love to be able to respond to every application we receive, it isn’t always possible due to the high volume we receive each day. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful. If your application is not successful, your details will not be retained unless you specifically request us to do so.