Reports to: Head of Business Development
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
Hours: 40 hours per week
Flexibility: Will consider a remote worker/ working from home position
Protect Line is one of the UK’s leading life insurance brokerages. With a team of 200+ we generate and process hundreds of applications every day and are expanding at a substantial rate.
The in-house marketing and lead generation team is currently on the look-out for an exceptional Web Developer to partake in our mission to protect as many UK families as possible. With the company looking to technology to enable its next phase of growth, there has never been a more interesting or exciting time for a developer to join us.
- Building, testing and modifying websites, landing pages and web applications
- Translating wireframes and UI designs into well-crafted intuitive code
- Taking ownership of all the web apps within the business
- Utilising UX experience to maximise web page conversions
- Optimising all applications for maximum speed and maximum scalability
- Providing on-going maintenance and support associated with web development
- Project managing your own workload and communicating with numerous stakeholders
- Developing the company standards for front-end software development
- Staying up to date on emerging technologies and contributing to team knowledge
- Building with high quality, maintainable and efficient code
- Becoming an integral member of the marketing team, constantly offering new ideas
What do we need from you?
- Strong commercial experience of responsive web design
- A background working on sites optimised for Lead Generation
- HTML and CSS using various frameworks, in particular Bootstrap
- Familiarity with ReactJS is a plus
- Experience of using APIs and basic web automation
- A good understanding of Git
- Familiarity with Wordpress
- Experience with design platforms such as Photoshop and Figma
- Familiarity with browser and device testing
- Competent in debugging website issues
- Basic understanding of sever set-up and hosting
- An interest in and understanding of digital marketing
- Knowledge and appreciation of good UI/UX and SEO principles
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Optimize etc
- Self-motivating and able to work autonomously
- A positive outlook and a strong team spirit
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter briefly outlining your experience within web development, including a link to a portfolio if you have one.
Whilst we would love to be able to respond to every application we receive, it isn’t always possible due to the high volume we receive each day. We are also experiencing a higher than normal volume meaning our usual response time of 3-5 days is not always met. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful. If your application is not successful, your details will not be retained unless you specifically request us to do so.