Leadership Development Trainer
Job Title: Leadership Development Trainer
Reports to: Head of People Development
Basic Salary: £45,000- £50,000 pro rata
Hours: 4 days per week (32 hours) ideally Tuesday- Friday
This is newly created role that sits within our people development department but designed to be a role that will integrate across the whole business. Our passion is protecting people and doing it brilliantly but to do that, we need exceptional leaders. We need leaders who bring out the best in everyone around them, creating a culture of passion, performance and purpose. Our leaders are instrumental in influencing the growth aspirations of the business and like the greatest Olympians, they need a coach who they believe in, who understands their weak spots, who understands what’s required to generate success through leadership and who can create and design training that is inspiring, innovative and impactful.
Protect Line are a fast-moving life insurance brokerage with a difference. Winning 'Best Protection Insurance Broker' in 2019, 2020 and 2021, means we are extremely passionate about remaining sustainable yet innovative and dynamic. Trusted by some of the UK’s leading providers we tailor protection policies to suit consumer needs on a non-advised basis.
Our business is fuelled by our people. Yes, we need customers and infrastructure but it’s our people that turn opportunity into reality and it’s our promise to invest in each and every one of them to help them, through their own learning journeys, to be the very best version of themselves. It doesn’t come without challenge, it doesn’t come without mistakes but in every interaction we learn and love learning.
We are not ‘followers’, nor do we accept the status quo; through the design and implementation of our own in house training programmes, we have demonstrated that we will not be defined by what already exists but have the courage and attitude to create a new world. Our aspiration is to create award winning learning and development and we need superhero people to help us deliver it, like you!
Who are you?
You deliver exceptional training and achieve demonstrable results. You coach and inspire leaders, role-modelling ‘what good looks like’ and helping to create trusted and energised leadership. Your delivery leaves an impression and your energy is contagious. You understand what makes a great leader, can create and deliver learning solutions that create a positive shift in performance and engagement. You understand the needs of the wider business and your passion is supporting increased quality outputs and calibre through targeted training & learning. You are inspiring, engaging and driven.
What will you be doing?
- Preparing managers for success by developing bespoke training solutions; developing individual coaching plans; providing resources and assistance
- Unlock high performance and capability, coaching managers on how to increase emotional intelligence, effectively manage performance, creating environments where our teams are able to deliver our business goals and provide exceptional service our customers
- Support managers to effectively manage through the change curve through listening, coaching and development
- Drive the performance review process, including calibration of talent, supporting quality coaching conversations and development plans.
- Be a trusted advisor and coach to managers, and play a critical role in enhancing their leadership effectiveness
- Support talent management initiatives to ensure we have the right people in the right roles. Enabling business leaders to cultivate an effective leadership pipeline
- Determine training needs by observing coaching; studying MI; conferring with key stakeholders
- Support effective delivery and implementation of the ‘Transformational Leadership Apprenticeship’ programme.
- Design blended and bespoke learning solutions across a range of media and platforms that positively impacts on engagement and commercial performance
- Work with the senior management team to identify and agree training needs, producing learning solutions which reflect the needs of the business.
- Ongoing development of skills, knowledge and behavioural training to support employee career paths
- Support the design, delivery and evaluation of development across a range of media.
- Support implementation of supervisory training in line with FCA requirements.
- Promote and integrate Vision & Values into all activity, aligned to customer experience.
- Track training activity and record key MI ensuring that audit trail and training history are complete and up to date
- Monitor effectiveness of training through robust systems of evaluation and report on the effectiveness of training to ensure consistency and relevance.
- Ensure training is embedded through robust follow up and ongoing support post implementation.
- Take responsibility for own continuous professional development
- Other strategic development initiatives as required
What do we need from you?
- Technical expert in all aspects of the learning and development discipline including: training needs analysis, design, delivery, validation and evaluation as well as an understanding of the latest thinking
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills, able to deliver training in a passionate and engaging manner
- An inspiring coach with strong leadership skills
- CIPD qualified desirable
- A proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- A confident and credible presenter, able to create impact and engage different audiences
- Ability to design across a range of media and develop blended learning solutions
- Strong understanding of management and leadership models with the ability to translate these into practical development solutions.
- Ability to develop internal strategy
- Knowledge of the FCA requirements and working in a regulated environment is desirable
Whilst we would love to be able to respond to every application we receive, it isn’t always possible due to the high volume we receive each day. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful. If your application is not successful, your details will not be retained unless you specifically request us to do so.